If you are a user or registered member of the App who has downloaded same, you are contracting with Mudian Ltd. (85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT) “Contracting Entity” and the local data protection laws of England apply to you. The data controller of your personal information is the same as your contracting entity. For contact details, please click here.
Table of Contents
- Personal Data Controller
- Types of Personal Data Collected by Voomerr.
- Why We Collect and Process Your Personal Data
- Disclosure of Collected Personal Data to Third Parties
- Data Retention
- Cookies and other Identifiers
- Legal Basis for Data Processing
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Right to Access Your Personal Data
- Enforcement of Your Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
Personal Data Controller
Mudian Ltd. of 85 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 7LT a company registered under the laws of England, shall be the controller of your personal data.
Types of Personal Data Collected by Voomerr
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services and you provide information to us when you:
- Search, run or shop for products or services in our App.
- add or remove an item to or from your bag as well as when you place an order for an item or pick an order as a Runner through any of our Voomerr Services.
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a Voomerr service or application on a device.
- your account information as provided by you while setting up your profile (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping on the App)
- upload or synchronize your contacts with Voomerr;
- provide information in your Runner Account,
- offer your services as a Runner on Voomerr;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- complete any of our questionnaire
- use of any of our products such as Voomerr MVP or Voomerr Live-Shopping.
- provide and rate reviews.
As a result of those actions listed above, you might supply us with information such as:
- identifying information about you such as your name, address, and phone numbers.
- payment information.
- your age.
- your location information.
- your IP address.
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your contacts.
- email addresses of your friends and other people.
- content of reviews and emails to us.
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile.
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Voomerr Services.
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
- corporate and financial information, e.t.c.
The types of personal information we collect fall into three (3) broad categories namely:
- Information That You Provide to Us
- Information That We Automatically Collect
- Information from Other Sources
Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you provide to us as specific answers to the questions we asked you to answer in relation to the use of any of our Voomerr Services.
Users of the App (Buyers and Runners), are asked to provide the following information:
- Your Contact Information, this includes: your first name, last name, phone number, physical address, email address, gender, date of birth (“Required Information”), you may also choose to provide us with your photograph, address details and running hours.
- Your purchase and/or payment information this includes: your Credit/Debit Card or similar payment information that you intend to purchase a merchandise advertised on the App with as well as your billing and delivery addresses.
- Detailed information about your purchase(s) this includes: the merchandise you purchased and the quantity thereof.
- information about and/or to support complaints made in connection with the App or goods and/or services purchased via the App.
- We may request for an ID (such as a passport or driver’s licensed) for identification and verification in certain circumstances, when you apply for after-sales services like in-person delivery.
- Where you post an advertisement in the mobile phones/devices category or accept a Live-Shopping request to purchase a mobile phone/device, unblock your account or make a duplicate account your primary account, it shall be mandatory for you to provide us with a government issued identification document.
- Although you will be able to use our service even where you refused to supply us with the required information above, however, our services to you in such situations shall be limited to viewing posted adds and you shall be barred from posting adds, viewing the contact details or chatting with other users until and unless you provide us with the Required Information.
- When you contact our help desk, you may also be required to provide our support team with additional information that will aid them in resolving your challenge for example, our support team may ask you to confirm your identity with the aid of a government approved means of identification before unblocking your previously blocked account.
- Detailed information about your business (if applicable) including corporate registration, business licences (if applicable), tax or similar information. This is where you disclose that you are the owner of the business that owns the merchandise which you have invited prospective buyers to make offers for (invitation to treat).
- Detailed information about the goods and products that you intend to sell via the App, including but not limited to price, commission, shipping cost, brand name, year and model (where applicable), colour, size, and any other unique information for the merchandise you advertised.
- Purchase and/or payment information including yours into which we shall make payments to you for your services when you use the app as a runner in a particular transaction.
- If you attend one of our industry events or other functions, we shall ask for your contact details such as your username, your address, your phone number, your fax number (where applicable) and your email address.
- If you are a certified blogger / internet influencer for Voomerr, we may request for additional information like your contact information and social media accounts/blog information.
- Voluntary information you provide to us in response to questionnaires for market survey / analytics. This may include but is not limited to marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. Please note that your decision not to partake in any of our market survey/analytics shall not affect your use of our services in any way. However, it may affect your receipt of targeted adds that would ordinarily interest you because we have no way of knowing your interest since you did not participate in our spontaneous market surveys.
- It is your duty to carefully consider the risks associated with you making mathematically accurate personal information about yourself available to the public because there are instances when we can be compelled to publish same.
We automatically collect and store certain information which relate to your use of Voomerr Services including but not limited to all information relating to your interaction with content and services available on the App. This is because, just like so many other Apps, we use “shared preference”, “cookies” and other unique identifiers, to store and retrieve small amounts of primitive data as key/value pairs to a file on the device storage every time your device accesses Voomerr Services so, when you use our App, we may automatically collect the following:
- How you heard about us: We collect data about your referring URL (i.e., the website or App where you clicked on a link that transported you to our App).
- A copy of any correspondence with us: This includes any verification information demand of you when if you contact us for any reason (such as our customer service department chat service, telephone or email)
- App interaction information: For these purposes we will automatically collect information from your device like your unique device identification numbers, browser type, mobile carrier, hardware ID, and Facebook ID, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), operating system, browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our App regarding the goods and services available on it that interest you as well as the length of time you spent on each section, language settings and even, time zone, using shared preferences like many other Apps. However, where such information may be considered as personal information under the applicable data protection laws, we will seek your prior consent to the collection of such information using cookies and similar tracking technologies beforehand where we are required by law to do so.
- Advertising IDs: We collect your Apple Identifier for Advertising (“IDFA”) or Google Advertising ID (“AAID”) (depending on the operating system of your device). You can typically reset these numbers through the settings of your device’s operating system (but we do not control this).
- Transaction data: we automatically collect information about your transactions on the App including the types and specifications of the goods sold and purchased, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records, communications between Buyers and Runners on the App and any information disclosed in any discussion forum, we also collect financial account data, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers when you make or receive payments through the Service, you need to provide financial account data, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers and we may receive credit card-related data about the transaction, including: date, time and amount of the transaction. Based on your buying and browsing pattern and other information we have gathered about you; we may draw inferences about you.
- We may automatically collect information about the people or accounts with whom you share your content or interact with as we; as your contact information if you choose to upload or import it from a device (such as an address book).
Information from Other Sources:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
If you are a User of our App, we may receive personal information about you from:
Social media platforms if you choose to register for your account in the App via a social media account, we get personal data from your particular social media account through which you registered the account, and this includes your profile image, name, and social media ID. Unless you opt out on the said social media profile login screen. We will also collect other data, such as email address, gender, date of birth, friends list, and location as listed in that particular social media profile. The information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable platform, but would typically include basic public profile information such as:
- Your social media username or nickname.
- Your social media profile picture
- Company name (if applicable).
Why We Collect and Process Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data to aid us seamlessly operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include the following:
- Your personal data aids us in the set-up and administration of your user account, such that you are guaranteed to enjoy a customised experience in the App tailor-made just for you, because we will ordinarily you offers that are in-tandem with your personal preference.
- It is used to secure and protect our customers and verify all account registrations as well as assess and monitor account security and transaction risks on the App including, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to prevent and detect fraud against our customers, money laundering and other security incidents.
- Your personal information is used infacilitating communication between Buyers and Runners, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from Runners and providing logistics and delivery services.
- We use your information to develop our business and new products, analyse our operations, maintain, improve, innovate, plan, design, and develop our new products as well as identify which of our product is our user’s favourite and strategize how to constantly improve our services.
- Personal information aids us in the provision of quality service delivery on the App especially by making use of your personal information to facilitate a smooth and transparent communication between Buyers and Runners, monitor delivery of the merchandise, process payments, and communicate with you about other offers that we believe to be of interest to you. We also use your personal information to fix errors and enhance our services.
- We use your personal information to ascertain the Push Notifications and Targeted Ads for any of Voomerr features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. It helps us personalize your experience in line with your interest-base or identified preferences.
- We also use your personal information to comply with the governing laws. For instance, we collect bank account information from Runners as inter-alia, a means of verifying their identity.
- Voomerr uses your personal information to communicate with you in relation to its Services either by phone, email or chat).
- In Advertising, we use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
Disclosure of Collected Personal Data to Third Parties
The protection of our customer’s information is germane to our business; however, we share personal data with third parties that we hire to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf, based on our instructions. We may share your personal information with the following types of service providers:
- Mergers or Acquisition: if Voomerr is a party to a merger or an acquisition, of all or any part of Voomerr, note that your personal information constitutes a transferable business and will of course be one of the transferable assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). We may also share such information with any affiliated entity (e.g., parent company or subsidiary) and may transfer such information during a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Protection of Voomerr and Others : We may release details while exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other Users on the App : We disclose your personal information to other users of the App where necessary to facilitate a smooth transaction between the parties. For instance, where you purchase an item from the App, we shall disclose your personal information relevant to, or connected with the smooth delivery of your purchase(s) and communication(s) with them.
- Banking/Payment service providers; we may disclose your personal information with our authorized bankers who shall exclusively provide payment processing services for every transaction on the App. The activities of payment service providers may be governed by their own privacy policies, separate from this.
- credit risk assessment providers: We may disclose your personal data with our credit risk providers to enable them conduct risk assessments on Runners to determine whether you can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal.
- Logistics Partners: We may disclose your personal data to our logistics partners to enable them to provide your delivery services, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for you as a Runner.
- Customs Agents : We disclose your personal data to the custom office for customs clearances purposes where applicable, to aid you with international sales/purchases.
- Customer service support providers : We disclose your personal data to our customer service support to enable them easily provide after-sale services or other customer service support.
- Risk control service providers to assess the security of user accounts and transaction risks.
- Third party rating / reviewing service providers to carry out reviews of our services with customers if you choose to participate in reviewing or rating Platform products and/or service.
- To our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organisations where we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
However, we do not store any of your financial data or retain same in our data base.
Cookies, Shared Preferences and other Identifiers
Legal Basis for Data Processing
Your personal data is processed by us legally based on the following:
- your consent
- in performance of our obligations under his contract with you
- for our (or others’) legitimate interests; Under this legal basis we, in particular:
- Regularly communicating with you
We communicate with you on a regular basis regarding your use of our Service for example, we consistently send you push notifications reminding you that you have unread messages. The legitimate interest we rely on for this purpose is our interest to encourage you to use our Service more often. We also consider the potential benefits to you.
- Research and analysis of your use of our Service
Our primary and legitimate concern in this regard is driven by our passion to constantly improve our Service so that we understand users’ preferences and can provide you with a better experience (for example, simplify and make the use of our mobile application more enjoyable, or the introduction and test of new features).
- Send you marketing communications
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our service in a measured and appropriate way.
- Personalize our ads
The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our service in a reasonably targeted way.
- We process your data in compliance with our legal obligations.
Security of Your Personal Information.
Our system is designed with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our application offers security features to protect against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can manage these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and, we recommend that you use a unique password for your Voomerr account that is not used on any of your other online accounts.
- Always sign off after using a shared computer.
Right to Access Your Personal Data
You have unfettered right to access your personal information, and confirm the existence of processing, which right you can exercise at any time by contacting us here
Examples of information you can access through Voomerr Services include status of recent orders (including subscriptions), your complete order history. personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book), payment settings (including payment card information), email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivery alerts, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters), recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for the recommendations (including products recommended for You or an Improvement of your Recommendations), Your Profile and, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account here.
You have a right to correct, update or request for anonymity, block or delete your personal information.
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests.
You have a right to ask us, in some situations, to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
You have a right to opt-out of marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have a right to request the review of decisions exclusively based on automated processing, which might affect your interests.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that our records may be updated or corrected.
Enforcement of Your Privacy Rights
You are in control of your personal data to which end, you have the following rights:
- Right to access / review / update / correct your personal data. You may review, edit, or change the personal data that you had previously provided to Voomerr in the settings section on the Website.
- You also have the right to request for a copy of your personal data collected during your use of our Service here.
- You have a right to delete your personal data. You can request erasure of your personal data by sending us an email here. When you request deletion of your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to honour your request to the extent allowed by law. In cases, where we are legally required to keep some of the data for a certain time; we shall only comply with your request after the legal minimum time is satisfied.
- You have a right to object to or, restrict the use of your personal data (including for direct marketing purposes) by sending a request here.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority
- If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us
- You have a right to choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our services.
- You have a right to add or update certain information on your page, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications and in-app notifications or see interest-based ads from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies or other identifiers, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to block cookies altogether.
- You have a right to add or update certain information, update your account information and adjust your email or other communications you receive from us by a simple update.
- If you are under 18, you may use Voomerr Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
- Voomerr forbids users from uploading images or videos that contains nudity, sexual acts, sexually suggestive activities or sexually explicit material or any content of that sort as well as content that promoted engagement in any illegal activities or promotes goods, services, or information that facilitates or causes serious and immediate harm to other people or animals. However, medical or scientific terms related to human, or sex education are generally permitted
- Use this form to report intimate images or threats to share them. Instructions for how to report photos or profiles that go against community guidelines from within the app here
- If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has provided us with personal data, please contact us here.